Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Four airports, three continents and 25 hours later...

... I'm back in the UAE after three weeks in the United States of Awesome. And what a journey it has been.


Let me illustrate. In Chicago, the Cubs lost.

Taken out to the ballgame.


In Kansas City, bourbon slushies.


Best accompanied by home-smoked ribs.


In the Pacific Northwest, MiG-29s.


The aggressor squadron has landed.


In Orange County, homebrew!


Tastier than it looks.


Then, on the way back, I managed to get an Irish immigration stamp in my passport--odd, because the half-hour I spent in the airport was entirely in security lines. Which is not how I have typically thought of Ireland.


So now I'm back--and just in time for Eid. Here's to cooler weather and food consumption during daylight hours....

1 comment:

www.rickackerly.com said...

Wonderful report. Thank you. How are your parents? Haven't heard Boo. I'll have to drive over there and see if they are alive.
I love your stuff.
Rick