Friday, November 30, 2007

Can flying cars and robot maids be far behind?

Thanks to modern technology, our soldiers now won't have to exert themselves while smiting evildoers!



I have to say, I'm not sure how useful it is to have a machine assist you with weightlifting. But the whole punching-bad-guys and lifting-heavy-ammo-boxes stuff looks like it could come in handy during a war.

It's interesting. At some point--and this is a theme I touch on in "From the Depths"--it's going to be easier to improve the soldier than it is to improve the weaponry he or she carries. When that point arrives, I'm not sure we won't lose something big in the process. But on the other hand, by then we'll surely have toasters that do dishes.

1 comment:

M. Gants v4.0 said...

oh that's cool. I read an article about an un-manned prototype years ago. I remember reading that it was so heavy and awkward that it fell over when trying to lift heavy weights. If it had been manned, the person would have been crushed.

Looks like they fixed that problem though, hehe. Well, have a nice night...I gotta go load some missiles or something.