Friday, March 21, 2008

Chloroquine Phosphate--Week One

Some people blog about their jobs. Or their kids. Or politics.

Today, I'm going to blog about side effects. Specifically the side effects for these giant, pink antimalarial pills I'm taking in preparation for my trip to Panama. Once a week. With food or milk.

According to the literature I was given, I might experience:

-blurred vision
-irritability
-upset stomach
-headaches

and my favorite,
-nightmares or intense dreams

I've taken this stuff before, when I visited Paraguay, and I don't remember having any side effects. But I'll be honest with you: I'm kind of hoping for some intense dreams. It seems like a great resource for a guy who writes the occasional science fiction story.

Andriods dreaming of electric sheep.

Tuesday night, the night after my first dose, I had a hard time falling asleep. And did dream, although not intensely, unless dreaming about the movie I was watching on my way home counts as "intensely."

I know. Riveting. But don't worry, I'll keep you posted as events develop.

No comments: