Friday, July 24, 2009

Crisis in the land of 106-degree sun

This is bad. Very bad. My sunglasses have gone missing.

And worse, I have no idea how it happened. I arrived at work wearing them, took them off to greet a friend in the lobby and, as far as I know, carried them to my desk. And somehow, despite not leaving the newsroom for the next seven hours, I misplaced my eyewear.

On the plus side, I guess I don't have to worry about raccoon tan anymore.

But some Friends of the Blog are arriving tonight from London, and we will be heading to Dubai for the weekend. A guy needs sunglasses in Dubai. Crap.

Well, anyway. I will be showing these London transplants around, and it should be a lot of fun. I have already explored bits of Panama with these two, not to mention some of Chicago's booziest booze joints. UAE skiing will definitely happen. So will trips to the Emirates Palace, various large mosques, beaches and souqs. Outside of buying myself some new sunglasses, what shall I do with them? Open to suggestions here.

No comments: