Saturday, July 11, 2009

Horror movies

You know, I was considering some nice, harmless post about the oddly alien architecture here (which I may still do), the relative merits of real bacon vs. beef bacon (ditto) or even just how excited I am about the prospect of a leisurely weekend.

Instead I was exposed to something so horrific, I have to share it with you.



Thanks, Karl.

Yes. Canada's queen of pop is trying to not just cover but imitate a guy who, at least during the "Bad" era, sweated more panache changing a light bulb than Celine Dion has mustered up in her entire career. The whole performance, really, is summed up by her hair, which I pray to the follicle gods is a wig.

None of this, by the way, should serve as commentary on the Jackson-fest that we witnessed a few days ago. It was a little embarrassing how over the top everyone, including, perhaps most offensively, the media, went in mourning (celebrating?) the death of a guy who wrote some good songs and got weird when he was older.*

I guess you can count this as my contribution. Now... off to go contemplate bacon.

*And speaking of embarrassing, that was quite a comma-tastic sentence. Sorry.

No comments: