Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kansas City, there I was

It has been brought to my attention that I didn't do justice to the two days I spent in my hometown, Kansas City, during this most recent sweep through the beautiful United States of Health Care Confusion. And it's true. I mentioned barbecue, but I didn't mention:

-happy hour with my 97-year-old grandmother
-enjoying homemade chocolate pudd... er, mousse
-to paraphrase a line from Mrs. Blog, a "wonderful meal with wonderful company" at the River Market
-green grass, lush gardens, bubbling fountains and reasonably priced cocktails
-my parents and their hospitality
-barbecue

So there you have it. Kansas City was fun but brief. Ideally, the next time we swing through town we'll be able to see some old friends, relax a bit and maybe even see the Royals slip further into last place.

No comments: