Monday, August 3, 2009

Demasiado guacamole

I followed through on my threat to go find Mexican food.

Just like madre used to make.

I had guacamole (which turned out to be made tableside) and what was basically steak fajita meat marinated in tamarind sauce and served with rice. Nary a burrito to be seen on the menu, but whatever. I had guacamole.

In case you're wondering, and I know you are, Abu Dhabi tableside guacamole is, well, just OK. Certainly not up to the standards of a Harvest Time or La Cocina Gunnison-Talman. For one thing, they don't use garlic. For another, they use oregano. And instead of lime juice, which besides the avocado is arguable the key ingredient, they used lemon juice. Yeah, I don't understand it either.

But those oddities didn't make it any less of a fiesta de driver's license. It tasted like... victory. (and oregano)

No comments: