Monday, August 10, 2009

From Kuwait with love

Ah, dear readers. It is a very stressful time for the Blog right now: a million important things must be done in the next couple of weeks before I hop on a 23-hour (!) flight back to Sweet Home Chicago/California/Kansas City. Also, I'm having my first-ever birthday in another country... a fact that didn't really register with me--along with the fact that I even had a birthday coming up--until just now.

Anyway, the point is, this is all the kind of stuff that makes a blogger lose sleep and gain a nervous twitch.

And then I arrived at work today to find an unmarked manila envelope on my desk. Unmarked, that is, except for my address here at the newspaper and a Kuwaiti postmark. What could it be?

Why, nothing but the only magazine I read in its entirety every month: Air&Space Smithsonian. It's like comfort food for the eyes. So even if I don't have a ton of recreational reading time the rest of the month, at least I'll have something to read during my many thousands of miles in the air.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)
hkpanda.freetzi.com