Monday, December 3, 2007

There's "get an idea stuck in your head"...

... and there's "want to stick a fork in your eye."

I refer, of course, to the unfunny, unclever and mercilessly difficult to watch Dr Pepper commerical that I was forced to watch Saturday night. And by "forced," I mean "saw during the Big 12 championship game."

It's certainly concievable that it's funny, by someone's standards, to watch what appears to be an offensive lineman take a swig of Dr Pepper and then dance around like he had just downed an entire bottle of grain alcohol. By my standards, it's a great reason to not only not drink Dr Pepper, but to do everything in my power to blot the brand name from the face of the Earth.

Behold:



Sigh. Yes, I realize that by writing this I'm just spreading the ad around further. But I ask you, dear reader: Is there a point at which having a memorable spot isn't a good thing? I remember clearly spraining my ankle (thanks, Kevin!), but I have no desire to go sprain it over and over.

But Dr Pepper still is my favorite soft drink.

1 comment:

M. Gants v4.0 said...

...I'm glad we don't get Dr. Pepper in Germany...