Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What a generous country

My dad got this e-mail--perhaps a late Father's Day gift?--from one of the UAE's many well-qualified surgeons with estate issues.

Hello,

Good to whatever the time indicates to you. I am sorry if this e-mail came as a surprised to you. I am Dr. Fredrick Franklin, a medical surgeon based in Dubai - U.A.E

I have a patient here who is suffering from esophageal cancer and have just less than 3 months to live. My patient is in need of a trusted individual or group of people that can handle his estate after he might have passed on. Please, with all due regard, if you think that you can handle and manage the estate of my patient after he is gone, please, do not hesitate to call on me urgently.

Best regards,
Dr. Fredrick Franklin

Dear Dr. Franklin:

Thank you for your generous offer. Have you considered talking to your patient's family?

If that isn't an option, please send me your bank account number, address, home phone and government ID number and I'll take care of the rest.

Kisses,

Read Ink

No comments: